Effective Date: August 17, 2021
INTRODUCTION AND OVERVIEW
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- COMMUNICATIONS PREFERENCES
- CORRECTION AND DELETION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR NON-U.S. RESIDENTS
- ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR DATA SUBJECTS FROM THE EEA, THE U.K. AND SWITZERLAND
- DATA SECURITY
- INTEGRATION OF THIRD-PARTY PLATFORMS AND SERVICES
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- CONTACT US
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
The types of personal information that we may collect about you include, but are not limited to: information you provide to us, information collected automatically about your use of our Service, and information from third parties.
a. Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us: The personal information we collect on or through our Service may include:
- Account Registration: information relating to the creation of an account on our Service, such as first and last name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and/or a unique individual password;
- Form Submissions: information that you provide by filling in forms that we make available on our Service or when requesting information or assistance;
- Newsletter Sign-ups: information relating to our newsletter subscription page, including name and email address;
- Customer Service: records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us for customer support;
- Promotions, Sweepstakes and Feedback: information relating to your participation in a promotion, sweepstakes, or survey that you to complete for research purposes;
- Payment Information: payment card, transaction or financial account information, if you make a purchase online or sign up via our order forms; and
- Device Permissions: information relating to your use of features of our Service that may ask you to grant us access to location information, contacts, photos, microphone, video camera, or media on your computer or mobile device.
Sponsored Events and Publicity. In addition, if you attend a Teton Ridge-sponsored event in the United States and agree to be interviewed, your agreement will constitute your consent to your name and likeness being used for our marketing or promotional materials unless you tell us otherwise.
Please note: When communicating with us by email or through forms on our Service, we ask that you please do not send us any sensitive information pertaining to yourself. Teton Ridge does not collect or store sensitive information or special categories of information.
b. Information from Third Parties: When you interact with our Service or accounts on a social media platform, we may collect the personal information that you or the platform make available to us on that page or account, including your social media account ID and/or user name associated with that social media service, your profile picture, email address, friends list or information about the people and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them, and any information you have made public in connection with that social media service.
c. Information Collected Automatically: As you navigate through and interact with our Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Information About Your Use of the Service: when you browse our Service, our systems automatically collect information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, domain names, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, pages viewed and the order of these page views, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time of your request.
- Device Information: if you access the Service through a mobile device (e.g., a smart phone or tablet), we may be able to identify the general location of your mobile device, your mobile device’s brand, model, operating system, resolution, screen size, system version, mobile network information, and your mobile device’s advertising ID.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
a. To Provide You Our Service: providing any services, products or events that you request or purchase in connection with the Service;
b. To Provide You with Service-Related Communications: contacting you regarding the administration of any features or functions of the Service you have registered to use, and notifying you about changes to our Service, our policies, terms, or any products or services we offer or provide though our Service;
c. To Provide Customer Support or to Respond to You: providing you with notices about your account and responding to your questions or other requests;
d. To Send You Marketing and Promotional Emails: contacting you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you based on the Service that you already use or the offerings that you have already purchased or inquired about, unless you have opted not to receive such information;
e. For Internal Use and Service Improvement: accumulating and reporting aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Service and user activity, including determining which features and services users like best to help us operate, enhance, and improve our Service;
g. To Maintain Legal and Regulatory Compliance: processing personal information to pay our taxes, fulfill our business obligations, for compliance with employment and recruitment laws, or as necessary to manage risk under applicable law;
h. For Customization: saving your user account, registration and profile data or other personal information (so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit or use the Service); tracking your return visits to and use of the services; tailoring your experience on the Service; and/or otherwise customizing what you see when you visit and use the Service;
i. For Research Purposes: for research purposes and to provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients and business partners; and
j. With Your Consent: for any other purpose disclosed to you prior to you providing us your personal information or which is reasonably necessary to provide the Service or other related products and/or services requested, with your permission or upon your direction.
4. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share or disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
a. Within Our Corporate Organization . We may share your personal information with any subsidiaries and affiliates in order to provide you with the Service and take actions based on your request, as well as for the purpose of management and analysis.
b. Service Providers . We may employ other companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, provide services on our behalf, perform service-related business activities, or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These service providers provide us support services such as website hosting, online store platforms, customer relationship management, order fulfillment and shipping, email and postal delivery, analytics, sweepstakes, surveys, marketing services, and videoconferencing. The service providers have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
c. Corporate Transactions . We may disclose personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Service users is among the assets transferred. You agree to and do hereby consent to our assignment or transfer of rights to your personal information.
d. As Required by Law and to Protect Lawful Interests . We may disclose your information if we believe that the disclosure is required by law, if we believe that the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency), or if we believe that the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of Teton Ridge or our customers.
e. With Promotional Partners or Co-Sponsors. If we partner on a promotion or sponsorship with an unaffiliated third party, we may share your information, for instance, with the promotional partner or sweepstakes administrator.
f. With Your Consent . We may disclose your personal information for any purpose with your consent.
Please note that we may disclose, without restriction, aggregated or anonymized information about the users of our Service, which is information that does not identify any specific individual.
5. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small web files that a site or its provider transfers to your device’s hard drive through your web browser that enables the site’s or provider’s system to recognize your browser and remember certain information. We use first-party and third-party cookies to make our Service function properly, to improve our Service, to collect information about your activities over time and across third party websites or other online services in order to deliver content and advertising tailored to your interests, and to provide a secure browsing experience during your use of our Service.
b. Your Choices
Your browser may provide you with the option to refuse some or all browser cookies. You may also be able to remove cookies from your browser. You can exercise your preferences in relation to cookies served on our Service by taking the steps outlined below.
Many advertising companies that collect information for interest-based advertising are members of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) or the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), both of which maintain websites where people can opt out of interest-based advertising from their members. To opt-out of website interest-based advertising provided by each organization’s respective participating companies, visit the DAA’s opt-out portal available at http://optout.aboutads.info/, or visit the NAI’s opt-out portal available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 .
Residents of the European Union may opt-out of online behavioral advertising served by the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance’s participating member organizations by visiting https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ .
To opt-out of data collection for interest-based advertising across mobile applications by participating companies, download the DAA’s AppChoices mobile application opt-out offering here: https://youradchoices.com/appchoices .
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. In addition, most web browsers provide help pages relating to setting cookie preferences.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service. Presently, we use Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google LLC (“Google”) that tracks and reports website traffic. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en . Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics, available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
d. Behavioral Remarketing
Using Facebook Business Tools , we may display interest-based ads to you when using Facebook. To modify your preferences or turn off personalization for ads served by Facebook, you can visit Facebook's Ad Preferences in addition to the Your Choices section above. We do not share any of your personal information with Facebook. We may also show ads to audiences that share similar characteristics as you. To do so, a list of email addresses is irreversibly encrypted through hashing and uploaded or transmitted from our site, and Facebook matches the hashed data against its own users, generating a lookalike audience and deleting the uploaded list. We do not have access to the identity of anybody in the “lookalike” audience, unless they choose to click on one of our advertisements.
e. Do Not Track
Some Internet browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari, include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” or “DNT” signals. Since uniform standards for “DNT” signals have not been adopted, our Site does not currently process or respond to “DNT” signals.
f. Location-Based Services
7. COMMUNICATIONS PREFERENCES
In order to provide service to you, we may send you communications related to your transactions, security, or the administration of this website. From time to time, we may also send you other messages or updates about Teton Ridge, our Service, our events, and our other products and offerings. If you do not wish to receive non-transaction or security-related communications from us, you may opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the communication or by contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below.
8. CORRECTION AND DELETION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to correct and delete your personal information that you shared with us on our Service. We are committed so that your personal information is kept accurate and up to date. However, it is up to you to keep it up to date and to contact us with any changes. If you no longer wish to have your personal information processed, you may request to delete your personal information, subject to certain limitations, by contacting us as described below.
9. IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR NON-U.S. RESIDENTS
The Service and their servers are operated in the United States. Please be aware that your information, including your personal information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you choose to use our Website while located outside the United States, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use of your information in the United States. If you do not wish for your information to be transferred to, processed, or maintained outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, you should immediately cease accessing our Service.
10. ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR DATA SUBJECTS IN THE EEA, THE U.K. AND SWITZERLAND
Lawful Bases of Processing – Where Teton Ridge is acting as a data controller that determines the purposes and means of processing your personal data, such as when we collect, use, and share personal data as described in Sections 2 through 4 above, we must have a lawful processing basis for doing so. Our lawful bases for processing personal data include:
- to conclude or perform a contract with you, for example to:
- process your Service-related requests;
- communicate with you about upcoming events, promotions, and programs;
- for our legitimate business purposes, including to:
- respond to your customer service inquiries and requests for information;
- maintain, improve, and analyze our Site, Apps, advertisements, and the products and services we offer;
- detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud; and
- facilitate the functionality of our Service;
- to comply with our legal obligations, for example to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes and as required by applicable law; and
- on the basis of your consent, for example to send you via email and other electronic means personalized promotions and special offers or informing you about our upcoming events, sweepstakes, promotions, programs or other promotional purposes.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
Your EEA Data Subject Rights – Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party), or where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party, when possible.
- Not be subject to automated decision-making producing legal or significant effects on an individual, which we do not engage in.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below and specify which GDPR privacy right(s) you wish to exercise. We must verify your identity in order to honor your request, which we will respond to within 30 days of receipt.
Transfers – When we transfer or receive personal data from the EEA, we do so pursuant to appropriate safeguards or your explicit consent under GDPR Article 49.
Retention – As described in the “Retention and Disposal of Your Information” section above, as a general rule, we keep your data for only as long as it is needed to complete the purpose for which it was collected or as required by law. We may need to keep your data for longer than our specified retention periods to honor your requests, including to continue keeping you opted out of marketing emails, or to comply with legal, regulatory, accounting or other obligations.
Complaints – If you have any issues with our compliance, you have the right to lodge a complaint with an EEA supervisory authority ( link ). We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to first address your concerns and would welcome you directing an inquiry first to us per the “Contact Us” section below.
11. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone or re-use the same password on different services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service. If you believe that any of your personal information held by Teton Ridge has possibly been compromised, please contact us immediately as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
12. INTEGRATION OF THIRD-PARTY PLATFORMS AND SERVICES
13. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Teton Ridge’s Service is not directed toward children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16. If a child under 16 provided our Site or Apps with personal information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us as described below so that we may promptly delete the child’s information from our record.
14. CONTACT US